The Senior Developer provides and utilizes technical skills across the life cycle of programming requests including, but not limited to, design, programming, documentation, testing, implementation and support. This role works directly with several departments to meet their specific programming requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Analyze, define, and document technical requirements for workflow, logical processes, and interfaces with other systems. Design new applications based on provided functional requirements documents. Create logical and physical relational database designs.
3. Maintain and enhance existing application programs as requested. Develop and implement program code based on design specifications using accepted programming techniques and standards. Create and maintain all necessary application and program documentation.
4. Preserve the integrity of company, customer, and dealer data. Maximize the efficiency and resources of all computer systems through effective program development techniques including testing and debugging and through effective programming design features such as editing, security and auditing controls.
5. Develop work breakdown structures and estimate time, delivery, and cost for development projects.
6. Lead a small team of programmers (either internal or external) as assigned for new development projects including the delegation of work and managing deadlines.
7. Create, update and promote best practices, guidelines, and standards.
Education and/or Experience
– Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Sciences, Management Information Systems, or related field.
– Minimum of 7 years programming experience preferred; and/or a combination of education and experience required.
– Demonstrated strong experience developing web and desktop applications as well as web services using the following .NET frameworks: Model-View View-Model (MVVM), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Model View Controller (MVC), Entity Framework, and WinForms.
– Demonstrated knowledge of web containers (ie: IIS, JBoss).
– Strong ability to program in multiple languages including Java, MS .Net, C#, Vue.js is required.
– Ability to work in multiple operating environments including Microsoft operating systems and Unix.
– Strong skills and expertise in web services: RESTful APIs, and JSON is required.
– Experience in web application development and ERP, MRP or supply chain applications required.
– Demonstrated knowledge of coding patterns Model-View View-Model (MVVM) and Model View Controller (MVC).
– Demonstrated knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) with MSTest and Jasmine unit tests.
– Strong skills and expertise of Object Oriented Programming.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Ability to optimize the solutions according to business requirements.
– Ability to troubleshoot complex applications with multiple data sources and integration points.
– Increase knowledge in the area(s) of programming languages and relational databases.
– Demonstration of strong organizational skills; ability to effectively manage programming requests simultaneously.
– Demonstration of attention to detail and a high sense of accuracy.
– Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with customers and peers.
– Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills.
– Experience with relational database design and NoSQL database design is preferred (Apache Cassandra experience is preferred).
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Microsoft Certified Professional Developer preferred.
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.