Ruan is seeking an IT professional to join our team as a Database Administrator with a focus on database development. This position is a SQL Server and Azure Database Administrator that creates, monitors, and supports development and production databases. You’ll work with business analysts, application developers, and architects to identify and design changes to existing databases, systems, and architecture to meet evolving business requirements in a fast paced industry. Ruan is dedicated to investing in and implementing the most innovative technology solutions in the transportation industry. Our most valuable assets are our team members who skillfully execute these solutions. As a Ruan Database Administrator you will play an integral role in the success of our day-to-day operations by working directly with stakeholders to optimize existing solutions and develop new processes to meet functional and non-functional requirements. An ideal candidate will have experience with SQL Server on Azure, Azure Database API, Azure Synapse, Delta Lake, Data Factory, and cloud environments.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Ascertain user requirements, design databases, test, and coordinate changes.
- Develop, implement, and troubleshoot complex stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Work with developers, business analysts, Ruan end users, Ruan customers, and/or project team members to design, develop, and build various technical projects, databases, and applications.
- Assist with the design, development, and implementation of enterprise wide data strategies. Institute ETL processes and OLAP development efforts which follow corporate and best practice standards.
- Experiment with new technologies to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Troubleshoot unknown incidents or adhoc requests to address operational changes and functional enhancement requests.
- Assist colleagues and help train other team members.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the design, definition, tuning, licensing and installation of databases and associated software products.
- Audit databases for accuracy, appropriate data use, and quality control. Collaborate with management and users to drive efficient data usage.
- Ensure performance of databases and compliance with industry standards.
- Perform routine capacity planning to determine future hardware and software needs regarding database applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Course(s) of study: Computer Science or related field. 3-5 years’ experience in database development and database administration.
- Broad knowledge of Azure or other cloud-based environments.
- Basic knowledge of OS commands.
- Strong SQL development and T-SQL skills.
- SSIS development experience.
- Strong troubleshooting, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Azure PowerShell or CLI experience.
- Experience monitoring and analyzing database performance.
- Good interpersonal skills while working within a group
- Able to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Capacity to work multiple projects while setting priorities with little supervision.
- Capability to demonstrate good leadership skills.