Des Moines University is currently accepting applications for a Senior Network Engineer who will be responsible for the overall design, maintenance, and security of the University network and enterprise systems.
Founded in 1898 in Iowa’s capital city, DMU is a graduate medicine and health sciences university comprising three colleges – College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and College of Health Sciences – that offer eight graduate degree programs. DMU combines the top advantages in medical education: expert faculty, a rigorous and relevant curriculum, a dynamic and diverse research environment and a supportive, inclusive community of students and faculty active in learning and service. In addition, the University will relocate to a new campus in West Des Moines, tentatively in 2023, that will serve as an innovative model for medical and health sciences education for the nation and beyond.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or analytical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· Five years of experience designing, deploying, and supporting LAN / WAN infrastructure required.
· Two years of experience of enterprise level network security maintenance and implementation required.
· Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, QoS, and other network technologies.
· Extensive experience and knowledge in: IP Subnetting, VPN, Wireless, firewalls, routers, VoIP, Network Design.
· Extensive knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
· Strong knowledge of network security and firewall policies including in-depth analysis of access lists and activity logs.
· Experience with Cisco switches and routers in an enterprise environment – device and configuration management.
· Experience with Checkpoint firewalls – proactive alerting and monitoring.
· Some level of scripting in VBScript, PowerShell, etc.
· CCNA, CCIP, or CCNP certifications (preferred).
For complete job description, benefit summary, or to apply visit www.dmu.edu/employment. Please submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references at time of online submission. Resume review and/or interview scheduling will commence immediately and continue until position is filled.
Des Moines University is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information and other characteristics protected by law (“protected class”). Applications from candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.