TAI Announces 2021 Public Policy Priorities & TechPAC
The Technology Association of Iowa (TAI) is proud to release its 2021 Public Policy priorities and announce its Technology Association of Iowa’s Political Action Committee (TechPAC).
TAI serves as the voice advocating for a technology-based, pro-growth, business-focused agenda and is the leader in advocacy for technology-based companies and emerging technologies in Iowa.
TAI’S 2021 Legislative Initiatives:
- Advance policies that attract human and financial capital to Iowa.
- Elevate Iowa (rural and urban) as the premier state for technology workforce.
- Promote policies that foster a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure Iowa’s K-12 technology curriculum is the best in the nation.
TAI’s 2021 Legislative Priorities:
- Broadband Access: Facilitate the deployment of broadband access to all Iowans across the state.
- Education Access: Support programs, such as Future Ready Iowa, that connect Iowans to the training and education required for good-paying jobs and careers to improve people’s lives.
- IEDA Funding: The Iowa Economic Development Authority provides various forms of funding to Iowa businesses, communities, and individuals to instill growth and success within the state.
- Innovation Tax Credits & Angel Investor Tax Credits: Promote availability and equity of IEDA Tax Credits. The Innovation Fund Tax Credit empowers Iowa businesses with venture capital investments; Angel Investor Tax Credits increase the availability and accessibility of venture capital for Iowa startup companies.
For more information, visit the TAI public policy page.
TechPAC is committed to supporting candidates who advocate for the state’s technology industry. TechPAC allows TAI members to combine their financial resources to support Iowa General Assembly candidates and candidates for statewide office who champion technology-based, pro-innovation, business-focused policy.
To contribute to TechPAC, mail a check to TechPAC, 500 East Court Ave, Suite 100, Des Moines, IA 50309, and include your name and mailing address. Please note, all contributions must be from personal funds. Corporate donations will not be accepted. For more information on TechPAC, visit the TechPAC page.
For more information, contact Mollie Ross, Director of Operations, at (515) 280-3729, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.