Wellabe is looking for a Software Engineer 3 to join our team. Responsibilities include creating and modifying complex programs and identifying and solving problems by designing, analyzing, testing, and troubleshooting programs throughout the application development process.
Position level will be determined based on skills, knowledge and experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Develop cost-effective solutions and modifications on existing or new complex software applications, programs, and processes by analyzing information, investigating problem areas, and implementing solutions.
- Support the product lifecycle by performing tasks such as monitoring and reviewing system performance by coding, testing, debugging, documenting, leading code reviews, and implementing complex software applications or change management programs according to department standards.
- Assist and/or lead the execution of designs, prototypes, and other methodologies, including the development and implementation of test plans and program specifications.
- Collaborate with product owners, software engineers, system engineers, and testers to identify and analyze user requirements and to strategize on reducing technical debt to perform installations, upgrades, maintenance, and customizations on system software to maintain operational efficiency, improve existing computer system capabilities to automate business processing, and provide system software functionality using vendor provided and general-purpose software tools.
- Assist in the development of architecture systems and applications. Add in from survey data.
- Use a test environment and test cases to design, prototype, and correct systems.
- Drive efficiencies by giving input on evolving coding standards, tools, and processes.
- Document programs, processes, and procedures according to department standards to communicate changes and maintain operational efficiency.
- Lead, train, mentor, support, and develop software engineers by delegating responsibilities and providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, processes, and practices related to software engineering, including software systems and programming languages such as C#.net/core, Linq SQL, or related.
- Advanced knowledge of systems, design techniques, tools, and applications, and data processing, processes, policies, practices, terminology, and procedures.
- For the web development team, must have: ASP.NET, iOS Development Web Services (WCF, RESTful, Web API), Xamarin, LINQ, understanding of WPF and MVVM pattern, Windows desktop (mobile, and browser-based) applications as well as web services support, Microsoft DevOps, Agile Development, IOS Deployment process, Git, Android Development, Cloud Development, Containerized Deployment, Data Analytics and/or AI.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify problems and recommend corresponding solutions.
- Ability to lead and manage projects.
- Demonstrate the Wellabe core competencies of change, communication, customer focus, financial acumen, innovation, teamwork, critical thinking, and decision-making. For a full description of each competency, please visit wellabe.com/core-competencies.
- Embrace and foster a diverse and inclusive culture that aligns with our commitment to THRIVE Toolkit: We are building resources for employee reference, including a diversity-driven book club, leadership training, and a culture of betterment philosophy. Hear: Every employee has a voice. We listen with attention to gain knowledge and to understand. Respect: We empower people by respecting and appreciating their differences. Inclusion: We support a collaborative workforce that promotes belonging and respect that increases participation and contribution from all employees. Value: All employees are appreciated for their uniqueness. Equity: For all.
- Demonstrate an Agile mindset* of trust, teamwork, and transparency and capability to implement agile tools into daily work, allowing for quick adaption to change. (*An agile mindset is the set of attitudes supporting an agile working environment, including trust, teamwork, transparency, respect, improvement, ongoing learning, pride in ownership, focus on delivering value, and the ability to adapt to change.)
- Embrace our culture of betterment, which surrounds the question: Does this decision fit with our mission and core values while enhancing the outcome for our customers, our business, and our associates?
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field. A combination of education and/or relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Level 3: 5+ years related progressive experience in development and systems analysis, 1 to 3 coding languages (C#, and SQL, a plus), Experience in project management.
Minimal – Trainings/Seminars/Conferences
Primarily works in an office environment (or in-home office) performing work that is sedentary, which involves remaining stationary and working on a computer for long periods of time.
Must be able to review, assess, and/or analyze data and figures by viewing a computer screen, including extensive reading.
Regularly communicates with others in person, via video conferencing, electronically (including email), or by phone to exchange accurate information.
This job description does not list all activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required. The employee in this position may be assigned other duties at any time, with or without notice.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment, and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.