The Web Developer role contributes to the success of our clients by providing development expertise to meet the stated goals for website or application projects. This role requires excellent analytical skills to think through processes and find technical solutions that are user-friendly and sustainable for the client’s future growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Web Development or related work experience
- 3-5 years of web development experience
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with project teams and manage client expectations
- Strong analytical skills to work through complex problems and create user-friendly solutions through our website or application work for clients
- Working knowledge or expertise in the following technical areas:
- Current PHP standards and best practices
- HTML5—Clean, semantic, valid HTML
- Bootstrap / Responsive Development / Media queries
- QA—Writing clean code and testing it throughout the development process to ensure the quality is up to standards
- Git—Committing, push, pull and merging code
- Deployments into staging and production server environments
- Quality Assurance & Testing—Writing clean code and testing it throughout the development process to ensure the quality is up to standards
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, or XD
A successful Web Developer contributes to the success of our team and our clients by:
- Writing clean, compact, and efficient code that follows best practices and the most updated code standards.
- Participating in client conversations to gather details on new projects and/or development features.
- Working with project managers or coordinators to organize your queue, prioritize tasks, and communicate when projects are ready for review.
- Working towards fully commanding the Iron Triangle (Scope, Time, Budget)
- Providing expertise and insight to the project manager and sales team to create a comprehensive scope of work for new projects and/or tasks.
- Accurately estimating the amount of effort required to complete a task or project.
- Effectively managing time spent on the project to stay within the overall budget and communicating out of scope changes to the project manager.
- Meeting with designers as needed to understand the style and user experience needs for new projects.
- Collaborating with project managers or coordinators to help with customer requests and troubleshooting.
- Building products that create an optimal user experience and functionality.
- Thoroughly testing work prior to deployment into production.
- Working with junior developers to provide guidance, training, and tasks as needed.