The Senior Data Engineer develops and operates data processing solutions to support large and complex use cases throughout the enterprise. This position cleans, transforms, aggregates, and organizes data. The Senior Data Engineer builds robust, fault-tolerant data pipelines that collect and deliver data to distributed systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Design and implement data ingestion techniques for real time and batch processes for structured and unstructured data sources.
3. Understand complex business requirements and create end-to-end and enterprise information architecture solutions.
4. Establish best practices and security standards for all data, including personally identifiable data.
5. Ensure solutions adhere and conform to business requirements, data integrity standards, and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
6. Design processes to determine if the data received from the upstream systems is of good quality.
7. Ability to work in an Agile project methodology. Provide recommendations on solution designs and capabilities.
Education and/or Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Science, Informatics, or related field.
– Minimum 5 years’ data integration experience required.
– Master’s degree is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Expert in relational databases, SQL queries, relational and dimensional data modeling, and data warehouses.
– Ability to use and create web services and other integration technologies (REST, XML/JSON, SOAP, .NET).
– Strong attention to detail with a desire to create and rapidly prototype solutions.
– Proven ability to deliver creative solutions to complex business problems.
– Ability to be highly adaptable, a fast learner, and resourceful.
– Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills, to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
– Demonstration of excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with diverse personalities.
– Demonstration of self-initiative with the ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision.
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.