The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will play a critical role in the organization by uncovering and qualifying public cloud leads by means of understanding the prospect’s business challenges and pre-qualifying opportunities by phone and email contact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proactively call target lists provided by sales, marketing, and/or sales management to identify key contacts and create interest in services
• Identify new public cloud lead prospects through internet research and social media
• Maintain accurate records in CRM applications of all lead activity
• Attend and participate in weekly sales training and participate in field sales calls to support regional efforts
• Must meet and exceed key activity metrics, be goal-oriented
• Strong understanding of lead generation and ability to manage end to end sales process, prospecting, and qualification
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Education and Experience:
• 2 to 5 years experience exceeding quota in an inside sales role
• Experience working in a fast-paced team environment
• Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
• Understanding of data centers, cloud environments, software applications, and networking highly desired
• Broad high-level knowledge of Microsoft enterprise products and solutions including Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Office 365, Azure, and other Enterprise Solutions preferred
• Prospecting skills, cold calling, business-to-business sales experience (Software sales a plus)
• Strong communication skills and business acumen
• Can collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment
• Has a drive for results and a motivated spirit
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.