IT Business Analyst
The IT Business Analyst has experience working as an analyst on medium to large initiatives. When working independently on projects, is expected to collect and document quality business and technical requirements from internal customers and business partners. The IT Business Analyst is responsible for contributing to decisions and communicating requirements to business partners and software development teams. Comfortable working independently to research and help develop required or sought after features and/or functionality for various systems or applications.
- Analyze and evaluate new or existing systems, applications, and/or processes to identify and implement improvements to meet business objectives on delivery efforts.
- Document business rules, requirements (technical and business), and process flow.
- Configure and maintain systems/applications.
- Support production users by resolving production issues using analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Recommends application/system changes based on research and requirements analysis.
- Create user stories, process and data flows, and business rules to clearly communicate requirements that accurately represent the ask and potential solution options for a project/initiative.
- Help the Product Owner manage and prioritize backlog of user stories and epics.
- Provide input and support the development of solutions to meet business needs.
- Facilitate requirements-related meetings to ensure requirements are adequately reflected in the documentation.
- Facilitate ceremonies and requirements sessions with stakeholders from IT and The
- Business to concisely document quality requirements.
- Work with IT and business representatives to drive decisions and provide solutions
- Resolve problems or present opportunities for improvements for internal customers by utilizing solid problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and clearly documenting the “why” and “what” of the business problem/ask.
- Serve as liaison to The Business and IT Subject Matter Experts (SME) to support in-house applications and systems.
- Willingness to be a resource for testing enhancements and troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Ability to understand and adopt industry trends in the analysis space to better serve IT and business partners to provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to adapt to meet business and project needs.
Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
Course(s) of study: Business, Computer Science, MIS, or BCIS
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT, business analysis, Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies, project management, and solution delivery.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Requires ability to create and maintain business rules, user stories, and process/data flows to clearly communicate business and technical requirements.
- Experience with helping manage, prioritize, and grooming a backlog of user stories and epics.
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate ceremonies, meetings, and requirements sessions with stakeholders from IT and The Business to concisely document high-quality requirements.
- Must have a solid technical background and ability to communicate with all roles within IT and The Business.
- Must have experience with facilitation and relationship building; solid written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Individual has experience working with Agile and/or Waterfall methodologies.
- Individual has good presentation skills and should be able to communicate analytical and process information to non-technical staff.
- Job requires individual to produce quality documentation of business and technical requirements.
- Has ability to deliver quality results under time constraints and accomplish duties with little supervision and direction required.