about the role
The Data Scientist is responsible for performing statistical analyses and identifying patterns and trends that can enable revology and its clients’ success, and improve the efficiency & usability of revology’s products and services. This role is a critical part of the Data Solutions team by supporting the design, testing, and application of new strategies for understanding and predicting trends at various levels. Tools and methods developed by the Data Scientist will enhance not only the broad efforts of the Data Solutions team, but directly support the work of our clients and partners.
- Solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches using unique blend of technical, mathematical, and analytical skills
- Process both structured and unstructured data to discover trends and patterns through exploratory analysis
- Utilize data mining and statistical techniques to derive business value from client, enterprise, and third party data
- Clearly and concisely explain complex analytical findings to non-analytical peers and business leaders
- Handle large datasets from many sources, coding advanced analytical models to perform data analysis, and developing predictive models
- Proactively identify areas where Data Science can enrich & enable the company & client goals
- Work with stakeholders to identify key metrics and opportunities for improving business processes, products, and services
- Understand the revology platform and data models
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, security & compliance, and data scientists to define requirements and enable them with robust data science solutions
- Collaborate with data engineers to design and build pipelines for more efficient and effective analysis
- Identify and debug issues with code, and suggest changes and/or improvements
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with the team to ensure code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance.
- Collaborate with a team of talented technical and business resources (including strategic partner companies) to deliver strategic and operational value for revology
- Utilize different technologies to collect and map data to help decision-makers find cost savings and optimization opportunities
- Support and drive a proactive culture of security and compliance.
- Bring an agile and engineering mindset to address complex problems, identify opportunities and craft creative solutions
- Leverage best practice coding and deployment standards to support growth and flexibility.
- Coordinate with teams across the organization to address incident, change and release management needs/requirements.
- Provide input to risk management; report risks as they are identified and participate in prioritization/follow up
- Stay current with emerging technologies and advancements within existing technologies.
- Positively and deliberately engage with colleagues – external and internal – to foster collaborative and productive relationships.
- Cultivate great teams and lead in alignment with revology values.
- Comply with and hold with utmost regard all compliance requirements to protect patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Stay curious, kind and contribute positively to the revology culture. The health + harmony of the team is everybody’s responsibility at revology.
The statements stated in this job description reflect the general duties as necessary to describe the basic function, essential job duties/responsibilities, job requirements, physical requirements and working conditions typically required, and should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of the job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an analytical role creating predictive models or other data science products
- Working knowledge of ML frameworks and tools such as Jupyter/Python and AWS
- Sagemaker and management of production models
- Working knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques such as regression, time series forecasting, clustering, optimization, causal inference, etc.
- Experience working with complex and varied data sources, including relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in database technology, architectures, ETL patterns and processes
- An analytical attitude and passion for finding opportunities and insights within data
- Experience in data visualization
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience working in a cloud computing environment such as AWS preferred
- An understanding of the SaaS development, business model, and metrics
- Demonstrated ability to merge technical and business requirements into solutions that can be consumed by all areas of the business
- Experience working in HIPAA, HITRUST or advanced compliance environments
- Familiarity with service business metrics such as “cost to serve”
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills
- AWS certifications are especially desirable
- Knowledge of or experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Foster a culture where honesty and transparency are expected
- Ability to engage productively in innovative and visionary brainstorming sessions while contributing your ideas, thoughts and suggestions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics OR related field is preferred but not required
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and grittiness as you join revology in an early phase of our start-up journey. Working within the gray is an absolute
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to: moving or handling (lifting, pushing, pulling and reaching overhead) office equipment and supplies weighing 1 to 25 lbs. unassisted. Frequently required to sit, stand or walk for extended periods during the workday. Manual dexterity and visual acuity required. Must be able to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person.
Work will generally be performed indoors in an office environment. Must maintain a professional appearance and manner.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
revology is a technology-enabled healthcare revenue cycle management (RCM) firm providing outsourced services to hospitals, health systems, and physician groups. Our tech smart-from-the-start strategy enables us to break through conventional barriers and empower each revologist to drive a higher standard of revenue cycle performance. This is possible because we spend our lives in the sweet spot where smart tech and good humans reach their highest potential and maximize outcomes.
At revology, we are committed to stewarding and empowering an inclusive environment within our company and our communities. While we believe in “culture” – we don’t believe in “culture fit”. We encourage every single revologist to bring their unique perspective, lived experience and authentic selves to the table. revology is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply for our available positions – including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community.