Are you ready to jump-start your career while working alongside a recognized financial company? If so, we have a terrific position for you. Our West Des Moines client is looking to hire a contract Desktop Support Technician. This position could offer opportunities for growth. If you fit the responsibilities and requirements below, please send us your application today!
- Perform workstation imaging, configuration, and deployment/user setup
- Use common enterprise tools for application deployment
- Hardware asset tracking and reporting
- End-user security/protection application support
- Workstation research and related projects/initiatives
- Level 2 technology troubleshooting/repair/resolution services for all deployed workstations, mobile devices, applications, network/remote access & messaging services, for end-users across all sites
- Occasional level 1 technology support after-hours & during high-demand periods (incidents/outages, enterprise-wide deployments, etc.)
- Diagnosis and work to resolve computer hardware, software, and network issues
- Provide low-level network support including port testing, bandwidth monitoring, share drive troubleshooting, etc.
- Manage support tickets and SLA using common enterprise tools such as ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.
- Manage user permissions and passwords on multiple systems
- Manage incidents including response, tracking and reporting
- Mentor helpdesk analysts and desk-side support technicians
- 5+ years of experience deploying, updating, optimizing, and troubleshooting Windows-based workstations
- 5+ years of experience providing support for common corporate client-side technologies and applications
- 5+ years of experience providing support for internet-based applications using common internet browsers and related technologies
- Experience deploying images, software, and updates with workstation management tools
- Exposure to implementing or supporting virtual servers and desktops using VMware or similar tools
- Understanding of IP addressing, subnets, file/folder mapping, share drives, and network printer configuration
- Familiar with a range of ticket/incident management systems
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills