Next Level Ventures (NLV) is seeking a Marketing Manager who is energetic and passionate about venture capital, technology, and marketing to join our Des Moines, Iowa-based team.
- NLV operations – Play a key role on a current team of 10;
- Digital marketing – Maintain our current website and support the redesign of a new website;
- Social media – Manage NLV Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts; write posts, create content, and monitor audience engagement;
- External communications – Draft blogs, newsletters, and press releases; manage all distribution and mailing lists;
- Events – Plan and manage events, both virtual and in-person, including annual meetings, conferences among portfolio companies, social events, etc.;
- Marketing materials – Create and maintain printed and digital marketing materials; and,
- Other requests – Support the firm’s partners in other marketing and business requests as needed.
Abilities and Background:
- Preferred knowledge – Prior work in the banking, credit union, and/or financial industries;
- Experience – Two (2) years and no more than five (5) years of communication and/or marketing;
- Focus – Eager to network in the startup and tech communities;
- Detail oriented – Great organizational and planning skills;
- Entrepreneurial – Self-starter with the capability to complete assignments with little supervision;
- Communicative – Good written and verbal skills;
- Creative – Develop visually pleasing and interesting materials;
- Tech – Advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and other marketing-related software; and,
- Education – BA/BS with preferred emphasis in communications or marketing.
NLV makes investments in Iowa companies that have the potential for rapid growth. NLV manages over $80 million and has invested in 20 Iowa portfolio companies – and we are growing! To apply, please email Michael Perrin at: email@example.com