Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
– Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer-focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
– Plan, design, implement, operate and monitor the network enterprise-wide, including disaster recovery planning and analysis, network security architecture and policies, network operation and security monitoring systems.
– Plan, design, implement, operate and monitor WAN data services, remote access for international offices, data circuits, wireless, and public data services.
– Administer Cisco Call Manager and Unified communications, including IP phones, Unity Voice Mail, Contact Center, Webex collaboration and associated communication tools.
– Research new technologies and analyze how they might be applied to benefit Vermeer operations; communicate new technology to various areas that might benefit and/or incorporate them into the “master plan” for the data infrastructure; develop long-range plans to improve reliability and anticipate capacity and feature requirements; develop and analyze the business impact of infrastructure projects and prepare the final project proposals for senior management.
– Write proposals and analyze project financial impact and ROI for presentation to senior management; work with vendors to develop proposals; assist in the purchase process for systems when projects are approved. Create standard work and network documentation.
– Maintain cabling infrastructure, including copper and fiber-optic termination and installation to accommodate moves and changes of Company personnel; coordinate new and repair cable installation with corporate maintenance and/or outside vendors.
– Monitor and coordinate maintenance on standby power systems and HVAC environment systems for data centers.
– Maintain UHF mobile radio infrastructure and provide first level support of mobile radio units.
– Manage projects for infrastructure development and upgrades; coordinate outside resources for maintenance and new projects. – Provide Tier II technical support for I.T. Service Desk.
Education and/or Experience
– 4-year college degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Network Engineer or Administrator; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Ability to provide excellent customer service; availability to be on-call for serious problems during off-shift hours is required, e.g., ability to respond within a 30-minute timeframe when on-call.
– Demonstration of effective and reliable management of enterprise data infrastructure; ability to maintain uptime for all data infrastructure to an availability of at least 99.5% (< 45 minutes unscheduled outage/year); ability to understand, measure and analyze the impact of changes to the infrastructure.
– Understanding of switch/router programming and physical installation; ability to work accurately with and interpret cable and fiber-optic equipment.
– Ability to coordinate response to network infrastructure change requests to meet stated and unstated expectations.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
– Demonstration of excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to provide effective and understandable presentation of technical material to non-technical management and customers.
– Demonstration of attention to detail and a high sense of accuracy; ability to create accurate, professional and error-free documents; ability to type configuration commands accurately.
– Demonstration of strong organizational skills; ability to work effectively under extreme stress; ability to coordinate multiple projects/time/resources simultaneously.
– Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness with customers and peers; ability to develop interpersonal relationships with co-workers, staff, clients and the community to meet or exceed expectations.
– Certificates, Licenses, Registration CCNA certification or other relevant certifications, such as network security, preferred.
– Travel Up to 10% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.