Myriad Advisor Solutions is seeking an energetic Telecom Associate to join our growing Telecom team! This is a hands-on position that will primarily focus on project management of installing, monitoring, repairing, and maintaining communications systems and equipment. The ideal candidate will be familiar with telephone and data cables, wiring, circuits, digital computers, and all related systems and devices. The Telecom Solutions Associate will also serve as backup to the Telecom Account Manager, Telecom Specialists, and the Technical Support team by addressing incoming calls, basic technology fixes and providing tech desk coverage when necessary.
A Glimpse of the Position Responsibilities:
– Troubleshoot and resolve Tier 1 tickets and tasks as assigned
– Submit Wiring Site Survey information to Wiring Partner and ensure the quote arrives on time
– Fill out new order forms for internet service providers and carriers
– Work with onsite installers to get phones and headsets implemented
– Provide basic configuration and operational support of telecommunication systems; set up call routing, ring groups, client voicemails, and provide phone training after installation
– Perform routine adds, moves, and changes for phones, numbers and lines
– Enter and manage carrier tickets for service outages
– Enter and track orders and client information in internal CRM/Projects tool
– Provide remote technical guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on customer questions, problems, malfunctions of all phone and PC-related issues
– Work with strategic partners and internal team members for onsite installations
– Daily tasks include, but are not limited to, configuring, testing, and troubleshooting network and wireless issues, setting up user accounts, and accurately documenting details related to client support issues.
– Associates degree preferred; completed college coursework in conjunction with work experience in the telecom industry will also be considered
– 1-2 years of experience working within telecommunication
– Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite and a willingness to learn new operating systems
– Level 1 tech support experience preferred
– Familiarity with Hosted VoIP/UCaaS
– Strong client service skills, first-hand experience interacting directly with customers; a genuine interest in serving and caring for our clients; strong professional phone etiquette
– Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
– Outstanding planning and organizational skills, efficient multi-tasker, effective follow-up, and deadline focused
– Possesses a positive attitude through all client interactions; exudes a courteous, friendly, and professional demeanor
– Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
– Competitive Compensation
– Leading benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Group Term Life, Voluntary Vision, STD, LTD, and Term Life
– Paid Vacation and Sick Time
– Paid Holidays
– Employee Assistance Program
– Casual Dress Code
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.