The Channel Business Manager-WEST reports directly to the Vice President of Sales and is an integral part of the sales team. The Channel Business Manager wins, maintains, and expands relationships and is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives.
We are looking for an individual with high energy, passion, and a drive for success to support our extensive growth in the tablet market.
- Identify + Acquire + Activate key distributors and resellers that add significant value to our channel partner program e.g. revenue, reach, expertise, etc.
- Orchestrate a Partner Program consisting of the fundamental elements of a competitive partner program that delivers mutual value to all stakeholders.
- Organize + Conduct product and sales training with distributors and resellers within the partner program.
- Evaluate + Deploy channel marketing programs [with our Distributor and Reseller network] aimed at generating leads, building a sales pipeline, and producing revenue for MobileDemand.
- Investigate + Deliver relevant product and sales tools for the channel partners that are most meaningful and impactful to achieving the business objectives.
- Be responsible for all channel events + engagements where MobileDemand can participate to build awareness and generate leads.
Oversee all agreements between our Distributors and Resellers within the Partner Program.
- Identification, development, and acquisition of new partners
- Follow up on qualified leads and opportunities within your channel partner community
- Consistent travel to channel partners and strategic customer locations within territory – 50%
- Travel to trade shows and user conferences in support of sales and marketing campaigns
- Provide qualified leads to applicable channel partners
- Provide input into company CRM system
- Respond to RFP / RFQ’s, and coordinate all quotes with inside sales
- Write up and present quotes to prospective channel partners and customers
- Assist in the development of an annual Sales Plan and provide quarterly updates and suggested modifications
- Understand target market needs, company products, and the related applications thereof
- Provide input to Marketing regarding market needs and target marketing strategies
- Establish and attain annual, quarterly and monthly team sales objectives and abide by the company established strategic selling process
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as call/travel reports, weekly selling activity and travel plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses
- Build strong relationship with channel partners and customers; understating their business needs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both written and oral methods such as email, phone calls, trade shows, etc.
- Make consistently good scheduling decisions about visiting customers throughout the territory.
- Make efficient use of time and resources.
- Excellent presentation skills (PowerPoint experience desired)
Required Skills and Experience
- Three or more years of proven channel partner experience
- Proven experience developing and maintaining channel relationships
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
- Ability to provide annual sales performance to quota information for all years of experience
- Ability to describe the process by which they were successful
- Proven experience working in a team selling environment
- Ability to travel 50%
- Proven selling experience in the computing industry (preferred but not required)
- Must have an outgoing personality, energetic and team oriented