The Technical Privacy Compliance Manager is a critical position within the Privacy team at Meredith Corporation. Working closely with the CPO and the privacy team, this team member will help Meredith enhance its privacy program from a technical & governance perspective to ensure the company remains in compliance with applicable privacy laws. This individual will also be responsible for the maintenance of policies, procedures and maintaining a dashboard reporting to report on compliance. They will also support and document the management of personal information for all areas of the company, including through supporting & maintaining the tools used for data mapping, privacy by design, data subject access rights and other user rights protocols.
Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
· Reports to the CPO and key member of the privacy team to ensure CCPA and GDPR compliance standards are met across the organization
· Support management of technical tools (configuration updates, regular maintenance & new implementations as required) to support the privacy office including privacy SAS platforms and project management software (One Trust, Monday.com etc.)
· Liaise with IT, Security, Product, Ad Operations and Data teams to identify, track and provide remediation guidance on new and outstanding issues (including tool setup, configuration changes, UAT & regression testing matters).
· Help to process GDPR and CCPA consumer requests
· Maintain and update enterprise wide data mapping of personal information as needed
· Develop or assist with the development of privacy training materials and other communications to increase employee understanding privacy policies, data handling practices and procedures and legal obligations.
· Interact with IT and business stakeholders to understand risks to critical infrastructure by defining potential business impact with the responsibility to apply effective mitigation strategies
· Engage Meredith business partners, suppliers, and vendors to tune and maximize capabilities to reduce risk.
· Maintain expert knowledge in the field of data management including qualitative and quantitative risk management, information inventory management, data collection and analytics.
Policy development, enhancement to support the organization’s risk posture
Must stay current with industry, regulatory, and legal requirements relevant to the processing of personal information.
Software and vendor management
· Manage various privacy office tools and software and the corresponding vendor/consultant relationships. Work closely with legal, security and procurement on vendor due diligence and management.
· Manage the privacy office project management software
· Work on office software (Excel, Word & Visio) for various privacy projects.
Review all system-related information security plans to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices. Administer a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating and taking corrective action as appropriate concerning the corporation’s privacy policies and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field such as Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems and Management or equivalent work experience (+2 years) in a relevant field.
Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in IT (technical analyst or technical project management), security and/or customer service and compliance management programs; interactions with and support of clients; risk management and other GRC responsibilities within a large organization, preferably within a professional services firm or similar.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge or experience with technical project management or technical business analysis work including some experience with tool testing.
Must have the ability to influence others and work at all management levels across the organizational structure.
Must have demonstrated experience with managing information security functions, including governance, frameworks, processes, tools, scorecards, and dashboards under aggressive deadlines and with competing priorities.
Preferred familiarity with One Trust and similar solutions for cookie management, assessment creation and tracking and vendor management.
Preferred certifications include: CIPP-M, CIPP-T, PMP
% Travel Required (Approximate): <5%
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.