Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa/jobs/3579859/telecommunications-specialist
The Iowa Communications Network (“ICN”) is seeking an experienced Telecommunications Project Manager. The candidate will manage multiple simultaneous projects and installations for telecommunications products and services for customers throughout the State of Iowa.
- Project Manager will plan, design and install for all ICN customers for services such as Dedicated Data, MPLS, Ethernet, Internet, Security Services, Firewall, Cloud Connection, Managed Voice, SIP, cabling and fiber installation statewide.
- Project Manager will coordinate all sizes of telecommunications installations-large/small/medium. These projects can be large complex multi-faceted projects.
- Projects that may have multiple locations and/or different elements that have complex services and timeframes
- Meet with Clients and internal teams to prepare and interpret and discuss specifications, drawings and scope of works for the use of telecommunications products and services.
- Place orders with vendors and coordinate by completing proper forms and processes.
- Track performance to the project plan.
- Meet weekly with vendors and internal team.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Escalate to management and to vendors if project deadlines could be missed.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Operations, Outside Plant staff and sales on necessary projects to keep all parties appraised of current status and work flow.
- Project Manager(s) shall possess excellent customer services skills to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Project Manager(s) shall have the ability to complete assignments timely, meet assigned project due dates, and identify/suggest resolutions as needed.
- Project Manager(s) shall maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of ICN staff, as well as present a positive team-oriented attitude and customer focus.
- Project Manager must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Project Manager(s) should have knowledge of a project plan and how to enact and follow a project plan.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers and third party/vendors.
- Be Imaginative and driven to nurture a culture of outstanding work.
- Be Accountable and professional to help push our agency to the next level.
- Project Manager must be able to coordinate projects and have strong organizational skills.
- Project Manager(s) should have a working knowledge of Dedicated Data, MPLS, Ethernet, Internet, Security Services, Firewall, Cloud Connection, Managed Voice, SIP, cabling and fiber installation.
- Project Manager must have proven work experience in Project Management or working in the telecommunications industry.
- Project Management (PMP)/PRINCE II certification is a plus.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Experience equal to six years of full-time telecommunications work specializing in one of these product or services areas: PBX systems, router networks, switched and dedicated video services, tandem switching system or closely related area;
an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting thirty semester hours of accredited post high school education with major coursework in Digital Telephony, Video Networking or in an area related to Digital Communications/Networking for each year of the required experience to a maximum of four years.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description.