QA Analyst II
Location: Des Moines Metro Area (remote work not considered)
As a QA Analyst II, you will be involved throughout the development lifecycle of multiple Igor development teams with responsibility in the quality assurance of software development and deployment with emphasis on testing.
During testing you will be thinking “outside-the-box” to understand the various scenarios and configurations that customers use to ensure customer expectations are met. You will evaluate and execute testing procedures, develop and write scripts, and prepare complex data sets to test logic, error handling and workflows.
In addition, you will be responsible for reproducing, isolating, and tracking defects while verifying fixes and documenting testing procedures.
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are verifiable.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities and methodologies.
- Proactively bring issues and problems to the attention of the teams; proposing possible
innovative solutions to solve them.
- Execute testing procedures to ensure that software meets established quality standards.
- Develop and write testing scripts and plans to ensure that software functions as expected.
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality.
- Triage of incoming field issues, recreating customer deployments to reproduce issues.
- Document and maintain a robust log of all test cases and test results.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, software engineering or similar.
- 3-5 years working in software testing and quality assurance
- Experience testing large application initiatives
- Ability to test in a variety of settings and situations, including instances with no graphical user interface (GUI) (back-end processing, file processing, and/or interfaces between systems)
- Experience writing test plans, test schedules, detailed test cases, test scenarios and
documentation of defects covering both front end and back end testing
- Experience in a manual software testing role; must have performed functional, data validation, error handling and complete regression test cases
- Working knowledge of a typical Software Development Lifecycle and the appropriate
milestones as it relates to quality assurance
- Applied knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods, tools and technologies, including test plans, scenarios, strategies and related procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to organize tasks and interact with development team
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and manage competing priorities
- Robust knowledge of Microsoft Windows and some working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Experience working in building automation or IoT industries.
- Testing enterprise applications deployed to Microsoft Azure.
- Comfortable working in a flexible scrum environment on high-performing agile teams.
- Effective team player who can also work independently.
- Excellent writing, grammatical and proofreading skills in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Send your resume and optional cover letter to HR@igor-tech.com with the job title in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.