Market Research & Analytics Analyst
Location: Des Moines Metro Area (Preferred) or Remote (U.S. only)
Reports to: VP of Marketing
We are looking for an amazing, data-driven strategic analyst to be our in-house market and customer expert. You will be able to leverage all the data sets available to you to provide insights to the sales, marketing, and product development teams. Part detective and part analyst, you approach analytics creatively to find answers to some of our most challenging business questions. As data is often not perfectly packaged, you can pull disparate pieces together and organize it into something that contributes to company goals. You love data, but you also love working with people and are just as comfortable sifting through a database as you are conducting qualitative research.
- Create, organize, and maintain searchable databases for customer and project insights analysis.
- Identify areas to implement data collection, following best practices and the latest privacy guidelines.
- Interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations to senior team members.
- Create excellent dashboards and visualizations of data.
- Conduct customer interviews and market research to maintain a backlog of vertical solution requirements and feature requests for our products.
- Assist the development team in making key strategic product development decisions based upon customer needs.
- Conduct gap analyses with certification industry bodies to ensure our product meets certification requirements when requested.
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales, and methods of operation.
- Be the in-house market research consultant to provide various departments answers to their sales and market-related questions.
- Evaluate new technologies and external research organizations to improve and optimize marketing, sales, and product team performance.
- Be the point person for 3rd party research organizations or consulting projects.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact.
- Create scalable, innovative approaches to extracting, managing, and analyzing data from customers.
- Conduct research reports, including the methodology, survey writing and fulfillment, and write reports and studies.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience in relevant field.
- 4+ years of post-undergrad relevant work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases, and MS Office.
- Experience in data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Excel, Visio, Microsoft BI).
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM tools for data insights.
- Proficiency in remote work technology: Teams, video conferencing platforms, file sharing programs.
- Experience with data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.).
An entrepreneurial spirit to take the initiative to solve problems and develop programs and processes that do not currently exist.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MBA or master’s degree in relevant field.
Experience in related industries such as software, technology, buildings, or B2B businesses.
- Thrive when working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity.
- Experience with analytic techniques, statistics, search engine, and web analytics technologies.
Send your resume, a project sample or portfolio, and a cover letter to HR@igor-tech.com with the job title in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled.