Cloud computing is a core component of Igor’s Nexos IoT Platform. We are seeking an experienced DevOps engineer with expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of projects in the cloud. The ideal candidate is experienced in Microsoft Azure SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS offerings, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance and advanced industry knowledge is key to keeping us on the cutting edge. From day one, you will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our cloud operations, and an ongoing impact on
our overall growth.
• Collaborate with development teams to identify, design, implement, and maintain the most
optimal cloud-based solutions for Igor’s cloud applications.
• Work with development teams to identify, implement, and maintain CI/CD pipelines for
integration with external systems such as Microsoft Azure, Azure DevOps, Microsoft
SharePoint, NuGet, and MyGet.
• Monitor and support cloud infrastructure and applications and respond to alerts and issues
that may arise.
• Responsible for implementing, maintaining, and running third-party security vulnerability
• Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and
• Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud
• Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design.
• Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
• Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy Igor applications,
including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and
• Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for Igor solutions, including
planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance.
• Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement
• Provide education for teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives as required.
• Work well in a fast-paced agile team environment.
Experience/knowledge with the following development applications and libraries:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
• 8+ years of experience in IT, systems administration, and systems automation
• 3+ years of architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on
• 3+ years automating deployments of servers and applications
• 2+ years working with Docker containers and Kubernetes
• Desire and ability to work aggressive schedules
• Self-motivated desire to continuously improve
• Ability to work independently and proactively
• Microsoft Azure certifications
• Microsoft Windows Server certifications
• Linux certifications
• Knowledge of UI testing frameworks
• Comfortable working in a flexible scrum/kanban environment on high-performing agile teams.
• Effective team player who can also work independently.
• Excellent writing, grammatical and proofreading skills in English.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.