Agile Product Marketing Manager
Location: Des Moines Metro Area – remote work considered on a temporary basis only.
As the key person in charge of both product planning and product marketing, you will be our chief advocate for our product suite. You will work closely with the marketing and development teams throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, collaborating with the CTO to define the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. You will report to the Vice President of Marketing and be the team lead responsible for telling the world (and company) the story of our product. You will work closely with our development team and utilize your market and customer knowledge to influence product development, marketing strategy, and tactics used. You play a key role in serving as a market expert to make strategic recommendations that will enhance the competitiveness of Igor’s product offerings.
· Build and manage impactful and innovative product and solution launch plans that are fully synced with business and revenue goals and ensure effective and ongoing relevancy in the market to drive demand generation and pipeline
· Conduct customer and market research and interviews to maintain a backlog of vertical solution requirements and feature requests
· Assist the development team in making key strategic product development decisions based upon customer wants and needs
· Define the positioning and go-to-market messaging and strategies for our products and features within our target channels
· Hands-on ability to create content and work with our internal team members to articulate the benefits of our products to the world and maintain brand standards in all that we put out (i.e. writing sales documentation, creating copy for new web pages, writing blog posts, etc.)
· Develop and maintain sales enablement materials, including competitive research, sales battlecards, customer references, etc.
· Stay on top of technology trends and competitor developments from a marketing and product perspective
· Guide and inspire product development team that is responsible for building new products and maintaining current products through their Product Life Cycle (PLM)
· Conduct gap analyses per specific certifications and work with jurisdictions as the Igor product ambassador to get Igor approved and certified
· Localize marketing materials for global solutions, including value propositions, messaging positioning, sales enablement tools, and ensure local execution is consistent with global messaging
· Represent the product team to educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product story, features, and benefits
· Create market comparisons and lead pricing analysis to achieve revenue and profit objectives
· Help define complete solution sets for our target verticals
· BA/BS degree in a relevant field
· 6+ years of post-undergrad work experience, or a combination of graduate school + work experience
· 4+ years in product marketing or product management with increasing responsibility
· Proficiency in technology: Office Suite, CRM, Hubspot, Video conferencing platforms (i.e. Zoom or Teams), File sharing programs (i.e. Dropbox, G-suite), Data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Excel, and/or Microsoft BI)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills — there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role
· MBA or master’s degree in a relevant field
· 8+ years in product marketing or management with increasing responsibility
· Capable of a dual-minded approach: the ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and writer, but also process-driven, detail-oriented, and can interpret data to make decisions
· Experience in software or technology B2B product marketing
· Experience launching new technology products or solutions
· Experience in technology such as IoT, PoE, AI, digital twins, smart buildings, etc.
· An entrepreneurial spirit to take initiative to solve problems and develop programs and processes that have not existed before
· Comfortable making high level strategic decisions while considering opinions of a variety of stakeholders
· Thrive when working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity
· Limited travel may be required in the future
Send your resume, a project or writing sample, and an optional cover letter to HR@igor-tech.com with the job title in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.