Holmes Murphy has always believed that investing in our employees, the spaces in which they work, and the environment that we provide are all critical to our culture, purpose, and the services we offer. After all, we know that employees who feel appreciated and recognized for their hard work and dedication results in employees who feel immensely invested in the success of our clients and our company. On top of this, our employees have a seat at the table and the opportunity to pave their own way. Cool, right?! If you nodded yes, check out our open Information Security Specialist position and apply!
We are looking to add an Information Security Specialist to join our Information Technology team in Waukee. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role is responsible as the primary resource to manage designated security platforms and services that protect the environment, including next-generation firewalls, authentication services, network access control, and end-point security solutions.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Designs and oversees implementation of enterprise information security solutions.
- Provides objective evaluations of security controls, mechanisms, and goals in comparison to best practices.
- Performs security monitoring, security and data/logs analysis, and forensic analysis, to detect security incidents, and mounts incident response. Investigates and utilizes new technologies and processes to enhance security capabilities and implement improvements.
- Maintains strong understanding of all electronic security perimeters to ensure adequate defense in depth design across the enterprise.
- Design, propose and implement appropriate access controls, leveraging SAML/Oauth in achieving secure and auditable SSO.
- Manage PKI process meets the organization’s security and operational requirements. This involves defining certificate hierarchies and cryptographic algorithms.
- Supports and maintains the Intrusion Detection System (IDS) / (IPS) Intrusion Prevention System.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and security architecture reviews to help identify external threats and recommend methods for remediation.
- Create the plan and oversee penetration testing of all systems to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Establishes and satisfies information security requirements based on the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Consults with IT project teams and staff across all technology disciplines to provide direction on security requirements in accordance with security policies and standards.
- Monitors emerging products, technologies, or best practices that will improve security for the organization and its stakeholders and strategies.
- Reviews security violation reports or logs, investigates possible security exceptions, administers incident response procedures and coordinates with internal personnel or external agencies as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in usage of Microsoft Security Center platform, including Azure Security Center, Microsoft Defender ATP (Advanced Threat Protection), Microsoft Cloud App Security, and related components.
- Understanding of cyber-security principles such as encryption ports, protocols & services, policies, procedures, physical security, risk management, configuration management, ethics, access control, security architecture, continuity of operations, contingency planning, application security, etc.
- Logical thinking and analytical ability
- Aptitude in solving problems independently
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years in the information security field
- IPS/IDS and Email Gateways
- Experience with Azure AD, permissions, IAM, and ensuring a secure cloud-based environment
- Microsoft 365 security center
Bonus Points for:
- Demonstration of knowledge of security principles is desired through achievement or active pursuit of Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Certified Information Security Manage (CISM); other security related certifications
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.