Holmes Murphy has always believed that investing in our employees, the spaces in which they work, and the environment that we provide are all critical to our culture, purpose, and the services we offer. After all, we know that employees who feel appreciated and recognized for their hard work and dedication results in employees who feel immensely invested in the success of our clients and our company. On top of this, our employees have a seat at the table and the opportunity to pave their own way. Cool, right?! If you nodded yes, check out our open Application Administration II position and apply!
We are looking to add an Application Administrator II to join our Information Technology team in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The Application Administrator is responsible for supporting, troubleshooting, documenting and maintaining enterprise applications. The Application Administrator will work with other IT groups and end users to ensure the environment is fully utilizing the available technology to enhance productivity and improve work processes. This position is responsible for ensuring the systems are responsibly maintained and updated.
· Administer and maintain enterprise applications, as assigned by manager.
· Work with IT teams and end users to ensure configuration, deployment, maintenance and testing of applications.
· Follow change management control processes.
· Create and maintain documentation.
· Work with vendors when necessary to troubleshoot issues and monitor/resolve support cases.
· Develops customized solutions where appropriate.
· Develops workflows to assure maximum utilization of the system.
· Use ticket management and change management systems following published procedures; respond to and resolve incident ticket escalations for areas covered by this position.
· Must communicate professionally and clearly with end users, application owners and technicians.
· Perform release management and system upgrades.
· Test applications and systems.
· Pursue increased system efficiency.
· Configure solutions business platforms on a variety of.
· May provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Demonstrates ability and interest in the growth and learning of new skills.
· Attend system related educational seminars/webinars to gain knowledge of product and upcoming vendor roadmap for future application strategies. Some travel may be involved.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to effectively interpret and translate business needs and report on system trends or issues.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to develop effective trust relationships with the technical team and business users.
· Demonstrates strong organizational skills and the ability to perform tasks accurately with attention to detail including the ability to prioritize tasks/assignments and the ability to meet deadlines.
· Self-motivation and self-direction, the ability to work independently or in a team environment, and willingness to take direction.
· Handles complex issues and problems.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer or business-related discipline preferred.
· Experience: 3-5 years of experience in systems/business/data administration/analysis. Experience in insurance, healthcare, or financial services preferred.
In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
· Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
· Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
· 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
· Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
· Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
· DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
· Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial well-being, but also your career well-being.
· Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.