The Technology Association of Iowa (TAI) is seeking a Graphic Designer to join the team.
We’re looking for a talented graphic designer to deliver our vision creatively and effectively. This exciting role will collaborate with a wealth of design resources that scale across the TAI network, leading projects with various identities, such as membership collateral, print, event, and social media marketing materials, photography, website design, experiential event design, brand-building campaigns, program identity, and more.
- Design and create cohesive marketing materials aligned with TAI branding, such as membership collateral, e-newsletters, print, event, and social marketing materials, and website design and layout.
- Manage the TAI website, including building and editing layouts, and updating design.
- Create dynamic, eye-catching graphics and multimedia animations to supplement online content such as email campaigns, editorial content, social media, and more.
- Partner with the TAI team to develop experiential event design, including graphic displays, staging, signage, audio and video elements.
- Conceptualize and design graphic elements such as icons, brand templates, and marketing materials within the context of the TAI brand.
- Coordinate and direct photography and videography needs with TAI staff.
- Partner with external vendors and consult with internal teams regarding production options, timeframes, and costs to ensure that all work meets aesthetic expectations, budgets, and deadlines.
- Develop and present project options to the TAI team within established budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Art, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum of five years of professional design experience working in a collaborative team environment, including experience in web design, print marketing layout design, social media graphics, graphic illustration, photography, and branding.
- Must be detail-oriented, with excellent project management skills while working independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in WordPress CMS platform with the ability and expertise to create webpages, understand WordPress updates, add-ons and more.
- Proficient in MailChimp email marketing platform, and/or other email marketing platforms.
- Ability to work within established brand guidelines and conceptualize new ideas within a brand while maintaining visual continuity across several mediums and channels.
- Experience with design and publishing processes on the Mac OS using Adobe Creative Suite software, such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition, etc.
- COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Familiarity with the Iowa technology industry and its varied audiences.
- General understanding of video and podcast production, including editing and post-production processes.
- Experience in web design and UI/UX.
- Impeccable attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
About the Technology Association of Iowa: The Technology Association of Iowa (TAI) is a statewide, member-based organization uniting Iowa’s technology community by connecting leaders, driving public policy, fostering diversity and inclusion, and developing talent. TAI’s members work together to support the industry and advance Iowa’s reputation as a technology state. The organization is a collection of leaders who have come together as Iowa’s statewide voice for technology. To learn more, visit technologyiowa.org.
- Pay Level: Commensurate with Experience
- Organization: Technology Association of Iowa
- Contact Name: Mollie Ross
- Contact Email: Mollie@technologyiowa.org
To apply, please send a resume and a portfolio of projects (print and digital) you have worked on to Mollie Ross, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A list of references is recommended, but not required.