Do love a good puzzle? Do you enjoy troubleshooting and figuring out bug fixes? As a Software Developer you’ll write code in a team environment to support and enhance our current products and help build new products. Both a back-end software developer and a communicator you’ll work within the software development team and across teams to advance quality products. But not just any quality products. The core quality product that is the backbone of the whole organization. Ready for a challenge?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While you might get to work on just about anything at Geonetric, you’ll primarily:
- Write production level code with revisions from peer review, within a defined section
- Work with peers to write and maintain automated tests
- Maintain security, performance, and code quality standards, working collaboratively within a Continuous Integration environment
- Show a professional curiosity and work with peers to advance technical expertise
- Provide internal support for various internal tools and core product software
- Maintain and support software by fixing bugs and contributing to projects
- Meet with internal teams and clients to brainstorm opportunities for improvements and enhancements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years of previous related experience
- A basic knowledge and understanding of a few programming fundamentals required
- Familiarity with database technologies required
- Experience with object-oriented programming language required
- Web development experience preferred
- Experience with continuous integration, automated test methods, and Scrum/Agile methods preferred
- Experience with .Net preferred
- Experience with C# preferred
- Experience with SQL server preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
In addition to being an amazing Software Developer, you’ll need to fit into our unique culture and be:
- Self-organized. There are no managers at Geonetric. You’ll be a part of a self-organizing team, with no one “supervising” you. You should naturally get a lot of high quality work done to completion without outside pressure.
- A doer. You need to be capable of identifying and resolving obstacles, using strong reasoning skills and creative thinking to get things done. You need to have a strong attention to detail, a drive for quality, and a willingness to see things through to completion.
- Flexible. You need to be able to work in an environment in which there is substantial ambiguity; things change rapidly and often, and you need to adapt to new ways of thinking.
- Self-aware. You need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others – and understand how your behaviors affect those of your peers on your self-organizing team.
- Driven to improve. You need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today. You are constantly seeking ways to improve your own work. You’re passionate about your discipline.
- A solid communicator. You need to be able to take input from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations to technical and non-technical people.
“Geonetric welcomes diversity. It makes us an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and a fun place to work full of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.”