Are you passionate about learning? Do you enjoy learning new programming languages, developing automated testing tools, and exploring databases and architectures? As a Senior Software Developer, you’ll be developing new products. And maintaining the old. And improving it all. Both a back-end software developer and a communicator you’ll work across teams and with clients to produce and advance quality products. But not just any quality products. The core quality product that is the backbone of the whole organization. Ready for a challenge?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
While you might get to work on just about anything at Geonetric, you’ll primarily:
- Lead a team by overseeing, mentoring, and managing the team’s attainment of expected project deadlines
- Serve as a subject matter expert on back-end development, both internally and externally, to clients
- Actively participate in Sprint Planning, Reviews, Retrospectives, and Stand-ups, ensuring team understanding and alignment
- Write production-level code with minimal revisions from peer review, within a defined product
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Maintain security, performance, and code quality standards by working collaboratively within a Continuous Integration environment
- Learn, evaluate, and implement new technologies that enhance products and ensure Geonetric remains at the cutting edge of technology
- Regularly pairs with the team to teach and share knowledge
- Troubleshoot and find creative solutions to complex problems and implement those solutions
- Lead new projects and enhancements to existing software
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing database platforms
- Work closely with internal teams and clients to identify and recommend improvements and enhancements to our core software product
- Demo products and troubleshoot issues to both internal and external customers, offering solutions and serving as a consultant
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of previous experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of a variety of design principles and patterns required
- Proficiency in working with various database technologies required
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented design principles required
- Web development experience required
- Experience with continuous integration/ continuous deployment technologies required
- Experience with automated test methods and Scrum/agile methods preferred
- Experience with .Net, C# & SQL required
Other Skills and Abilities
In addition to being an amazing Senior Software Developer, you’ll need to fit into our unique culture and be:
- Self-organized. There are no managers at Geonetric. You’ll be a part of a self-organizing team, with no one “supervising” you. You should naturally get a lot of high-quality work done to completion without outside pressure.
- A doer. You need to be capable of identifying and resolving obstacles, using strong reasoning skills and creative thinking to get things done. You need to have a strong attention to detail, a drive for quality, and a willingness to see things through to completion.
- Flexible. You need to be able to work in an environment in which there is substantial ambiguity; things change rapidly and often, and you need to adapt to new ways of thinking.
- Self-aware. You need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others – and understand how your behaviors affect those of your peers on your self-organizing team.
- Driven to improve. You need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today. You are constantly seeking ways to improve your own work. You’re passionate about your discipline.
- A solid communicator. You need to be able to take input from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations to technical and non-technical people.
Geonetric welcomes diversity. It makes us an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and a fun place to work full of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.