We’re growing! Come join our expanding team. We’re seeking a Front End Web Developer who will need to be motivated in troubleshooting and solving complex problems for our clients. You’ll get to make a direct impact in building award-winning websites for our healthcare clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
While you might get to work on just about anything at Geonetric, you’ll primarily:
- Troubleshoot and find creative solutions to complex problems and implement those solutions
- Maintain security, performance, and code quality standards
- Independently troubleshoot and fix front-end issues
- Optimize front-end code for performance, page speed,, and efficiency
- Ensure compliance with web standards and accessibility requirements
- Develop and test sites for cross-browser and multi-device capability
- Be proficient in the capabilities of our VitalSite CMS software
- Work closely with internal teams and clients to identify and recommend improvements and enhancements to our core software product
- Learn, evaluate, and recommend new technologies that enhance products and ensures Geonetric remains at the cutting edge of technology
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Web Development, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience required
- Five (5) years of experience in Web development preferred
- Scrum/agile experience preferred
- Web development experience including writing flexible, maintainable, and readable code required
- Semantic HTML required
- CSS required
- JS frameworks (Vue, Angular, React, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of Web standards (W3C) and accessibility (WCAG 2.1) required
- Basic understanding of Adobe Illustrator/XD/Photoshop required
- CMS templating experience preferred
- Version control (SVN, Git) preferred
- Experience with responsive design techniques required
Other Skills and Abilities
In addition to being an amazing Front End Web Developer, you’ll need to fit into our unique culture and be:
- Self organized. There are no managers at Geonetric. You’ll be a part of a self-organizing team, with no one “supervising” you. You should naturally get a lot of high quality work done to completion without outside pressure.
- A doer. You need to be capable of identifying and resolving obstacles, using strong reasoning skills and creative thinking to get things done. You need to have a strong attention to detail, a drive for quality, and a willingness to see things through to completion.
- Flexible. You need to be able to work in an environment in which there is substantial ambiguity; things change rapidly and often, and you need to adapt to new ways of thinking.
- Self-aware. You need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others – and understand how your behaviors affect those of your peers on your self-organizing team.
- Driven to improve. You need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today. You are constantly seeking ways to improve your own work. You’re passionate about your discipline.
- A solid communicator. You need to be able to take input from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations to technical and non-technical people.
“Geonetric welcomes diversity. It makes us an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and a fun place to work full of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.”