Dumont Telephone Company is looking to hire a Network Manager. The company has been in business since 1902 and provides Landline Telephone, Broadband Internet and IPTV to the communities and rural areas of Allison and Dumont over a 100% Fiber-to-The-Home network. Dumont Telephone Company has also expanded the fiber network to provide Broadband Internet and IPTV to the communities of Geneva and Parkersburg with further expansions planned. The Network Manager’s main duty is to manage the networks but will also be expected to perform regular technician’s duties as needed. Applicant must be very versatile.
· Plan, develop, maintain, and ensure security of both the fiber network and the office LAN/WAN including routers, firewalls, switches, servers, applications, and access.
· Assist with installation and trouble resolution of Telephone, Broadband, IPTV and Wi-Fi services.
· Assist with One Call required locating of buried fiber cable.
· Assist in quoting, selling, installation, configuration, and service of Vertical Brand Business Telephone systems.
· Attend training when needed. (may require traveling)
· Handle and protect confidential information.
· Work both independently and in a team environment with attention to details.
· Professional appearance and demeanor including proficient English listening, verbal, and written skills.
· Valid Iowa driver’s license is required.
Experience and skills:
· Knowledge in IP Layer 1 and 2 required now. Future needs of Layer 3.
· Knowledge in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Wi-Fi routers required.
· Utilizing fiber test equipment (OTDR, light and power meter).
· Knowledge of Ribbon CS1500, ADTRAN, APMax and Cisco equipment preferred.
· Must live within 30-minute drive of Dumont Office location.
· Must be on call nights, weekends, and holidays on a rotational basis with other employees.
· Must be able to complete physical labor commensurate with technician duties including but not limited to lifting, crawling, use of fine motor skills, and similar work with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) required for company insurance qualifications.
· Competitive Salary, 401K, Vacation, Sick Leave, and other benefits.
· Dumont Telephone Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Please send resume to Roger Kregel, Dumont Telephone Company, PO Box 349, Dumont, IA 50625 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.