We are seeking a talented Data Scientist Lead. The Data Scientist Lead is a senior researcher primarily responsible for building new analytical capabilities for the benefit of internal business partners and credit unions. The Lead is insatiably curious about data and uses that passion to find insights hidden within the trillions of credit union transactions we have access to. The role will join a team of data scientists that provide solutions to all business verticals within Co-op with the mission to provide analytical solutions that enable business leaders to make better decisions quickly.
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Collaborates with stakeholders throughout the business to understand existing processes and identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive solutions.
- Provides oversight and guidance when required to other data science team members. Recommends training opportunities to further advance individuals and the Co-op Data Science practice.
- Designs and builds custom AI driven data models and algorithms to optimize products and processes.
- Works as a cross-functional team member adhering to Agile principles and philosophies to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Interprets data analysis and model results for business and technical teams.
- Communicates with Co-op stakeholders at all levels including senior level executives and clients.
- Coordinates with business and technical teams to monitor and implement models.
- Develops processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance.
- Manages, monitors and reports risks, including Information Security risks.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Statistical mindset and a strong curiosity about business processes and data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong ability to tell a story with data and visualizations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience with Databricks.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and relational databases.
- 3+ years of exposure to cloud and big data technologies.
- 5+ years of experience with open source statistical programs (Python).
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Scientist, Quantitative Analyst, Statistician or similar role is required, preferably 10+ years at a financial services company.
- MS degree in Statistics, Operations Research or a similar quantitative discipline is required, PhD is preferred.