The Managed Services Technology Engineer II is a core functionality position of our Technology team. This position is the front line for the company’s technical support and directly interacts with users and works in a swift and timely manner to resolve their issues.
• Practice strong client service to help foster and enhance our relationships with our clients.
• Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the technology infrastructure, which includes desktop, network, server and voice systems.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology and researches industry best practices.
• Gain and maintain certifications in assigned area of expertise.
• Work with the end users to resolve helpdesk tickets
• Act as an escalation point for technicians to resolve network and voice related issues
• Mitigate future issues by monitoring and proactively resolving issues before they reach a critical state.
• Participate in client onboarding and offboarding
• With limited guidance from other project members, create and maintain moderate to complex networks for the benefit of internal and external clients.
• Assist in the development of technical network design documents.
• Under limited guidance of other project members, provide initial unit testing of all system changes with the goal of providing a stable production environment.
• Create knowledge articles related to issue resolution
• Help develop and maintain IT process and procedures
• Assist project team members in developing scope documents and project estimates.
• Communicate consistently and effectively with clients and business associates to build trust and create successful partnerships.
• Develop knowledge of internal and external clients’ business and help provide options to resolve issues or proactively advance organization forward.
• Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, track hours and communicate status to project manager.
• Track all documentation and communications through Carrier Access IT, LC.’s tools
• Understand the impact of projects on both business and technology infrastructure
• Perform other tasks as needed and/or requested
• Exceptional client service orientation.
• Thorough knowledge of network topologies and networking components including routers, switches, VPN Concentrators, and firewalls (hardware/software)
• 5+ years’ experience supporting enterprise level Cisco network environments
• 3+ years of Unified Collaboration experience
• 3+ years’ experience supporting enterprise level Fortinet network environments a plus
• 3+ years’ experience supporting and administering Avaya or Cisco phone systems a plus.
• Experience administering UCCX and/or IP Office a plus
• Experience with deployment and support of Meraki devices
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, Subnetting, DNS, and DHCP
• Experience troubleshooting basic cabling issues
• Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems.
• Competence in diverse technology skills, including desktop support, network/server/voice
• infrastructure design/build/modification, business application management and LAN/WAN administration.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to conduct and direct research into technical issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• High level of self-motivation
• Keen attention to detail
• Preferred: CCNA/CCNP certifications
• Preferred: CMNO
• Preferred: ACS/AIPS Certifications
• Preferred: Fortinet NSE Certification
• Proven analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to thrive in a culture of growth, change and continuous learning.
• On-call availability
• Ability to travel
• Ability to work in an environment which may require: sitting for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other computer components, occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings, lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in joining one of Technology Association of Iowa’s Roundtables.
Participation in the CIO, CISO or CEO Roundtables is exclusively reserved for technology executives of TAI member organizations with these (or comparable) job titles. All other TAI Roundtables is exclusively reserved for individuals employed by TAI member organizations. Not a member? Join now.