4DMobile is seeking a knowledgeable Senior Software Developer to design, develop, debug, test, and implement mobile, desktop, and cloud-based software as well as customer facing APIs. You will develop testing and troubleshooting strategies and define software designs, enabling software to be portable, maintainable, and agile to change.
The Software Test Engineer is a key position- your efforts will have an impact on both the company and the product. The role involves working closely with development, product management, and end customers to provide solutions to business challenges. Successful candidates will have a passion for developing innovative, high quality software that
solves customer problems.
- Design, develop, and test software, including software applications, web sites, data communication processes, and user interfaces.
- Test, maintain, and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues and resolve complex technical design issues.
- Assist in reviewing new and existing code and perform unit testing.
- Identify ways to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Development of technical specifications and plans.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and requirements for software development, with regular communication with management and technical support colleagues.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience and 2+ years of experience in data structures such as SQL.
- Experience with developing user facing APIs.
- Experience with Azure or other cloud-based PaaS environments.
- Experience developing software for Windows; Android and iOS a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Sophisticated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.