May 18 | 8 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. | University of Iowa BioVentures Center
Pitch & Grow
Entrepreneurs will pitch their business to a supportive group of peer CEOs, CIOs, business development experts, industry professionals and business-savvy people. In return, they have a unique opportunity to receive constructive feedback on areas such as fundraising, value proposition, business plan, management team, sales/marketing/support and building strategy.
- Pitch your business to a "Think Tank" of individuals to gain momentum in taking your company to the next level.
- Refine your pitch with little to no risk.
- Network with and gain access to other talented people and ideas in an open environment.
- Gain ideas and learn business growth strategies that can help your own company.
- Enjoy a rich networking experience.
- Sit in for part of or the entire day.
Types of Pitches
- Business Development
IMIG: Foley Catheter
Congratulations to the Winners of Pitch & Grow VII
- First Place: Xcellerator
- Second Place: Memcine Pharmaceuticals
- Third Place: Cajillion, Inc.
- Fourth Place: Sassi Bands
Camille Urban, BrownWinick
Curt Nelson, EDC, Inc.
Dennis Wangeman, Corridor Management Co., LLC
Emily Harris, Davis Brown Law Firm
Greg Crosby, NextGen Marketing Group
Hass Machlab, Innovative Software Engineering
Jim Nikrant, Corridor Management Company
John Buchanan, RBP; a Marsh & McLenna Company
John Mickelson, PrivateBank
Josh Cramer, Cramer Development
Julie Zielinski, EDC, Inc.
Mark Drish, FNBC Iowa
Paul Dymerski, University of Iowa Research Foundation
Tom Cardella, Thomas L. Cardella Associates
Trey Martin, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
Shannon Sheehan, University of Iowa Research Foundation
"The Venture Capital Experience"
Dennis Wangeman, Iowa First Capital Fund
Free for students; $25 for everyone else. Come for the entire day or for as much as your schedule will allow.
Business Casual Dress
|7:30 - 8 am||Registration and Networking|
|8 - 8:30 am||
Breakfast Presentation: "The Venture Capital Experience"
|8:40 - 9:10 am||Session 1|
|9:20 - 9:50 am||Session 2|
|10 - 10:30 am||Session 3|
|10:40 - 11:10 am||Session 4|
|11:20 - 12:15 pm||Pitch-off and Networking|
- First Place: $1,250
- Second Place: $750
- Third Place: $500
- Fourth Place: $250