Get Your Head in the Cloud: 2009 Conference on Cloud Computing
The Iowa State University and Iowa State Research Park’s “Get Your Head in the Cloud” Conference on Cloud Computing will be held September 24-25, 2009.
This conference is a global cloud computing event, covering the latest trends and innovations in the world of cloud computing. Conference panels and discussions are planned to cover a range of the hottest topics in cloud computing both in the private and academic sector with the overall goal of fostering collaboration and innovation between the two.
Confirmed speakers include Amazon.com’s Jeff Barr, Cloud Computing expert and Dennis Quan, PhD and Director, Tivoli Common UI & Reporting Infrastructure Development, from IBM’s software group. We are also working to confirm opportunities with Yahoo!, and NetApp on additional resources for the event.
Who should attend:
- From the Academy: professors/lecturers/students at ISU
- From the Industry: large/small/Iowa based companies
- From the entrepreneurial sector: software/innovators/collaborators
As described in the attached flyer, the conference is comprised of three parts, each with a specific goal.
- The conference opens on the morning of September 24th with an OPEN forum aimed at the research and academic community.
- In the afternoon of September 24th, an INVITATION ONLY session (aimed at a small group of central Iowa’s IT leadership) will explore the cloud’s potential impact on existing business models as well as the opportunities it affords.
- Finally, on the morning of September 25th, the conference concludes with a session OPEN to all, focused on the tactical technical issues associated with getting started on the cloud.
This event is free of charge.
For more information, click here.