May 23 | 9 am - 1 pm | BioVentures Center, Coralville
Entrepreneurs will pitch their business to a supportive group of peer CEOs, CIOs, business development experts, industry professionals and business-savvy people. In return, they have a unique opportunity to receive constructive feedback on areas such as fundraising, value proposition, business plan, management team, sales/marketing/support and building strategy.
- Pitch your business to a "Think Tank" of individuals to gain momentum in taking your company to the next level.
- Refine your pitch with little to no risk.
- Network with and gain access to other talented people and ideas in an open environment.
- Gain ideas and learn business growth strategies that can help your own company.
- Enjoy a rich networking experience.
- Sit in for part of or the entire day.
Types of Pitches
- Business Development
- First Place: $2,500
- Second Place: $1,500
- Third Place: $1,000
AgBrook Industries, Inc.
Frontier Astronautics, LLC
Health Tech Hatch
Higher Learning Technologies
Kamath Biosciences LLC
SocialWise Media Group
Congratulations to the Winners of Pitch & Grow XIII
- First Place: VolunteerLocal
- Second Place: Memcine Pharmaceuticals
- Third Place: Higher Learning Technologies
- Fourth Place: Telepharm
Lynn Allendorf, University of Iowa John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
Matt Coryell, Davis Brown Law Firm
Josh Cramer, CramerDev
Bill Daly, Shuttleworth & Ingersoll
Paul Heath, University of Iowa Small Business Development Center
David Hensley, University of Iowa John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
Bruce Lehrman, Involta
Hass Machlab, Innovative Software Engineering
Richard McCarty, University of Iowa
Curt Nelson, Entrepreneurial Development Center
Jeff Nock, Connect5
Mark Nolte, Iowa City Area Development Group
Larry Selensky, Ovation Networks
Jason Sytsma, Shuttleworth & Ingersoll
Aaron Warner, Integrated DNA
Kate Washut, Far Reach
Jason Wonase, Collective Data
Julie Zielinski, Entrepreneurial Development Center
|8:30am||Registration & Networking|
|9 - 9:35am||Pitch Session 1|
|9:45 - 10:20am||Pitch Session 2|
|10:30 - 11:05 am||Pitch Session 3|
|11:15 - 11:50 am||Pitch Session 4|
|12 - 1 pm||Pitch-Off & Lunch|
Free for students; $25 for everyone else. Come for the entire day or for as much as your schedule will allow.
Business Casual Dress